Disable Automatic Updates
If you're making changes to the system partition, you'll want to disable automatic upgrades so you don't lose your work when a new OSKR version is released.
- Examine logcat contents to see that we are trying to do updates every hour:
root@Vector-U9D5:~# logcat update-engine:* *:S --------- beginning of main 10-07 05:13:09.568 2214 2214 I update-engine: @robot.ota_download_start000025820 10-07 05:13:10.637 2249 2249 I update-engine: @robot.ota_download_endfail22.214.171.124oskr Failed to open URL: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden20300026887
- Examine the contents of the update file located at
root@Vector-U9D5:~# cat /anki/etc/update-engine.env UPDATE_ENGINE_ENABLED=True UPDATE_ENGINE_ALLOW_DOWNGRADE=False UPDATE_ENGINE_BASE_URL=https://ota.global.anki-services.com/vic/prod/ UPDATE_ENGINE_ANKIDEV_BASE_URL=https://ota.global.anki-dev-services.com/vic/master/lo8awreh23498sf/
- Note that the
UPDATE_ENGINE_ENABLEDis set to
- Mount the system filesystem for editing:
mount -o remount,rw /
/anki/etc/update-engine.envin your text editor of choice and change the value to
False. Save and close.
- Reboot to ensure changes take effect:
- Examine logcat contents to verify we aren't doing updates automatically:
root@Vector-U9D5:~# logcat update-engine:* *:S --------- beginning of main
There are no longer entries from update-engine in the logs.